Online User Experience Courses
Members can take all courses for free. No additional costs. No extra fees. No limits.
- Online and completely self-paced UX Courses
- Course Certificates - see an example
- Instructor-led courses and grading by instructors
- A community where you can ask for help, discuss, and make connections
- Optional meetings in your area/city
- Career help
Available User Experience Courses
Beginner user experience courses
Intermediate user experience courses
Advanced user experience courses
INDUSTRY-TRUSTED COURSE CERTIFICATES
Upcoming UX Courses
The following courses are coming up but the start dates have not yet been set. Please check back in a week to see if the course start dates have been scheduled.
- User-Centred Design
- Gestalt Psychology and Web Design: The Ultimate Guide
- User-Centred Design - Module 1
- User-Centred Design - Module 2
- User-Centred Design - Module 3
- Emotional Design: How to make products people will love
- Mobile User Experience Design
- Conducting Usability Testing
- Get Your Product Used: Adoption and Appropriation
- Information Visualization: A Beginner's Guide
- How to Become a Freelance Designer
What are others saying?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How much will I have to pay for the courses?
- All courses are completely free for members. Once you have paid your membership, you can take all the course you would like. There are no further charges on top of this annual fee.
- Can I take more than one course at a time?
- Yes, you can take all of the courses that are active during your period of membership at the same time. For example, if there are six active courses, you can enrol on all six at one time and move from one to the other as you please.
The membership fee entitles you to all of the courses for the whole duration of your membership. There are no further charges on top of this annual fee
- Can I get my manager to pay for my membership?
Here is how to get your manager or company to pay for your membership:
- Get approval by your manager (e.g. using the email template below).
- Please pay with your credit card (either your own or your corporate credit card).
- Your invoice will instantly be ready - and we can modify it to meet your manager's requirements.
- You and your manager are protected by our 30-day money-back guarantee.
Example email for your manager
I would like to get reimbursement for my membership of the Interaction Design Foundation (IDF). This membership can benefit our team and company in the following ways:
- I can enroll in all the IDF’s self-paced, online courses (in my spare time), which will help me complete current projects with a better result.
- I can network with peers from all over the world and find out how others have addressed issues we are currently facing.
- I will be able to continuously educate myself on UX topics through IDF's courses and eBooks. I can use my new-found knowledge to save our company from hiring someone to do certain UX tasks in the future.
- I can get a mentor from IDF’s members from companies like SAP, Google, Apple, Oracle, and universities like Stanford, MIT, Carnegie Mellon, Cambridge and many more.
- Because of the breadth of educational materials I will be able to learn how to solve specific design problems. And I can acquire new skill sets that our company is lacking.
- I would like to offer to share the key take-aways from the courses with my team.
PS: To give you some background, the Interaction Design Foundation is an educational foundation comprised of the world’s design and UX elite and you can read more about the foundation at https://www.interaction-design.org/about
- How do I add my Course Certificate to LinkedIn?
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to add your IDF course(s) to your LinkedIn profile:
1. From your profile page, click "Edit Profile":
2. After that go to the 'Education' section of your linkedin profile page and choose 'Add education'
3. In "School" field type 'The Interaction Design Foundation', after you can choose IDF from the menu below. In the "Description" section you can type text as can be seen in the example screenshot below. This way there won't be any doubt regarding the type of education you feature on your profile.
4. After you successfully save your progress, your education page will update automatically.
5. To add a course to your profile, from the "Recommended for you" section in the right hand sidebar
6. Use your IDF course name to fill field, and choose "Student at The Interaction Design Foundation" from dropdown menu.
7. Now the course is displayed in your 'Education' section of your LinkedIn profile.
8. To add Certificate, go to 'Edit profile', and from the 'Education' section choose "Upload a file". Upload your certificate and your work is done.
Now, anyone who visits your LinkedIn profile can see you have earned a Course Certificate from the Interaction Design Foundation