Learn UX Design and Grow Your Career
- Take all our online courses. Pay a flat fee.
- Get industry-recognized Course Certificates ()
- Self-paced: never miss a class or deadline.
- Specialized in design—that’s why the industry trusts us.
Don’t Know Where to Start?
Most popular User Experience Courses
Beginner User Experience Courses
Interaction Design for Usability
Mobile UX Design: The Beginner's Guide
UI Design Patterns for Successful Software
Design for the 21st Century with Don Norman
Perception and Memory in HCI and UX
Gestalt Psychology and Web Design: The Ultimate Guide
The Practical Guide to Usability
How to Create a UX Portfolio
Creativity: Methods to Design Better Products and Services
Data-Driven Design: Quantitative Research for UX
Web Design for Usability
Design Thinking: The Ultimate Guide
Design for Thought and Emotion
Visual Design: The Ultimate Guide
Intermediate User Experience Courses
Mobile User Experience (UX) Design
Mobile UI Design
Service Design: How to Design Integrated Service Experiences
Accessibility: How to Design for All
User Research – Methods and Best Practices
Gamification - How to Create Engaging User Experiences
Agile Methods for UX Design
How to Become a Freelance Designer
UX Management: Strategy and Tactics
Conducting Usability Testing
Emotional Design — How to Make Products People Will Love
Advanced User Experience Courses
Get Your Product Used: Adoption and Appropriation
How to Design for Augmented and Virtual Reality
Affordances: Designing Intuitive User Interfaces
Dynamic User Experience: Design and Usability
The Brain and Technology: Brain Science in Interface Design
The Ultimate Guide to Visual Perception and Design
How to Create Intuitive Products by Imitating Physicality
Formal Design Methods: Formalism and Design
Too Busy For a Full Course?
Try our on-demand Master Classes instead! In just 60 minutes, you can learn directly from design experts about a variety of topics!
Stay updated, stay inspired—even if you’re short on time.
How to Become a Games User Researcher
How to Design for Discoverability
UI Design for Games: Starter Edition
How to Design for User Trust
Evaluating Your UX Maturity: Limits and Opportunities
Complex UI Design: Practical Techniques
Emotional Design: Evoke Emotional Responses Through Design
Top 10 Things Designers Need to Know About People
Survival Metrics: Getting Change Done In An Agile and Data-Informed Way
Introduction to Digital Accessibility
How To Attract Users Through Great Onboarding Experiences
The Power of Storytelling in UX
How To Find User Insights Through Storytelling
How to Design Engaging Products: Insights from Fortnite's UX
Strategy Custody: How to Secure Your Strategy's Success
A Guide To Hassle-Free Designer-Developer Collaboration
Exclusive: Design for a Better World, a Discussion with Don Norman
How to Become a Visual Thinker With Sketchnoting
UX Careers: Set Yourself Up for Success
How to Balance Simplicity and Complexity in UX
How to Design with the Mind in Mind
Beyond Design: Practical Tips for Freelancing & Creating Your Brand
Conceptual Models: A Guide To Intuitive Design
How to Get Started with Usability Testing
How To Create Actionable Personas
How To Influence Behavior Through Virtual Reality Narratives
How to Design with and for Artificial Intelligence
How To Differentiate Your Mobile UX
User Journey Mapping for Better UX
Games UX: Process and Pipeline Deep Dive
How to Design for an Aging Population
How to Build Your UX Toolbox
Navigating Career Changes: How to Break into UX and Product Design
Games UX Foundations: Starter Edition
How to Get Started as a UX Consultant
Radical Participatory Design: Insights From NASA’s Service Design Lead
The Tone Of Typography: A Visual Communication Guide
Beyond Interfaces: The UI Design Skills You Need to Know
How To Use Color Theory To Enhance Your Designs
How To Communicate With Typography
UX Writing: How To Use Words As A Design Power Tool
Storytelling Through Visual Design: A Practical Guide
Innovating In An Enterprise: The Challenges And How To Overcome Them
Continuous Product Discovery: The What and Why
How To Design Forms Like An Expert
Design For Agile: Common Mistakes And How To Avoid Them
How To Successfully Change Your Career To UX Design
How To Use Card Sorting For Better Information Architecture
Harness Your Creativity To Design Better Products
How To Prepare For The Future Of Mobile UX
Behavioral Design: Create Engaging Products with Behavioral Science
How (and When) To Run A Design Sprint
How To Remove Bias From Your Products
21st Century Design with Don Norman
How To Design UX That Users Love To Convert Through
How To Design Experiences for AI
Win Clients, Pitches & Approval: Present Your Designs Effectively
How To Deal With People Who Don't Get Design
How To Conduct Effective User Interviews
UX Magic: Achieve 10X Better Designs Through Semantic Interaction Design
Disruptive Design: Is your UX future-proof?
Design with Data: A Guide to A/B Testing
Going from UX to Service Design
Upcoming Live Master Classes
How to Create Complex Tables Users Love: A UI Designer's Guide
Complex data tables can be challenging to design. When working on a table with multiple features, such as filtering, sorting, search, and editing, it can be difficult to ensure users can navigate it quickly and easily.
In this Master Class webinar, Vitaly Friedman, a senior UX designer with experience working with the European Parliament, will show you how to design better complex tables, with practical design patterns, usability guidelines, and real-life examples. You'll learn about the most common mistakes, how to avoid them, the best UX design patterns, and applicable techniques and strategies you can use immediately.
In this Master Class webinar, you'll learn:
- How people use and navigate complex data tables.
- Best practices to design filtering and sorting UX.
- When and how to display modals and non-modal dialogs.
- How to design better inline editing.
- Strategies to avoid rage taps, rage clicks, and accidental mistakes.
- Techniques to design better feature comparison tables and pricing plans.
Join this Master Class webinar to learn practical design patterns, usability guidelines, and real-life examples to create tables that users love. Improve the user experience of your designs and advance your career as a UI designer. Register now and become a table design master!
Even if you can't attend live, register to gain access to a recording that you can watch at any time.
04:00 PM (UTC +00:00)
AI-Powered UX Design: How to Elevate Your UX Career
Are you a designer looking to stay ahead of the curve in a rapidly evolving industry? Look no further than the exciting artificial intelligence (AI) technology world! Learn how to incorporate AI tools into your design workflow and leverage powerful new techniques to automate repetitive tasks, enhance data analysis, and improve overall user engagement.
It's no secret that the design landscape changes fast, and staying relevant means embracing new tools and techniques. In this 1-hour Master Class with UX leader Ioana Teleanu, you'll discover the latest applications of AI in UX Design and gain valuable insights into navigating the challenges of incorporating AI into your workflow.
In this Master Class webinar, you’ll learn:
- The current applications of AI in UX Design and how it's changing the industry.
- The challenges of incorporating AI into UX Design and how to overcome them.
- How AI will help UX Designers and why it won't replace them.
- The skills you'll need to stay relevant in the future design market.
- The importance of developing a future-open mindset as our world rapidly changes.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving field of UX Design!
04:00 PM (UTC +00:00)
How to Manage Personal UX Maturity
UX maturity is an oft-overlooked facet of the discipline today. When it is presented, however, organizational maturity is what's usually focused on.
Beyond organizational UX maturity is personal UX maturity. How do we manage our personal growth and development? What types of things should we consider and observe. How do we ensure we’re on the correct path? These questions arise often, but the answers are fleeting.
In this Master Class, veteran UX designer Darren Hood will explore the concept of personal UX maturity, review strategies to help optimize your personal development and trajectory in UX, and drive an understanding of why personal UX maturity is critical to the discipline-at-large.
During this one-hour webinar, you’ll learn:
- How to define and recognize the importance and landscape of UX maturity.
- Why personal UX maturity recognition and management is a necessity.
- How to evaluate and gauge your personal UX maturity level.
- How to continuously identify and target areas for personal growth.
You’ll leave this Master Class empowered with sound, repeatable, and methodical approaches to help make the most of your UX journey. You’ll also leave with an important set of skills that will help you evolve into and/or serve as a viable ambassador for our discipline.
Even if you can't attend live, register to gain access to a recording that you can watch at any time after the broadcast.
04:00 PM (UTC +00:00)
Boost Mobile UX with UX Design Principles and Best Practices
People have high expectations for their mobile devices—they want convenience, speed, and efficiency. Unfortunately, many apps fail to deliver a positive user experience due to poor design that disregards established best practices and standards for mobile UX. As a result, it's not surprising that 75% of apps are downloaded, opened once, and never used again. This lack of retention leads to significant losses for e-commerce sites and apps, amounting to billions of dollars every year.
The solution to this problem is straightforward: follow well-known conventions and "golden rules" for designing excellent mobile UX. In this informative and engaging presentation, participants will learn about specific mobile UX design best practices, interaction design principles, common usability guidelines, and accepted "laws of UX." Through examples of both good and bad design, we will explore practical methods for improving mobile UX.
Miklos Philips, Lead UX/Product Designer, most recently at the Financial Times, will talk about the crucial role of mobile design best practices and how observing them can significantly enhance mobile user experiences.
In this Master Class, you'll learn:
- The crucial role of usability, a quality attribute in UX that assesses how easy mobile user interfaces are to use.
- Well-tested and established mobile UX design best practices, standards, and conventions.
- Best practices as we look at good and bad examples of onboarding, navigation, microcopy, notifications, icons, and more.
- Interaction design principles: discoverability, signifiers, feedback, mappings, and mental models.
- The vital role of mobile app and site performance in increasing conversions, boosting user retention, and growing sales.
- The “laws of UX”: Fitts’s Law, Hick’s law, Jakob’s law, Miller’s law, Tesler’s law, and the Doherty Threshold.
- Other ways to boost mobile UX: taking advantage of all hardware components in a smartphone to reduce friction and speed up interactions.
You'll leave this Master Class with a toolbox of practical techniques you can apply to your work immediately. Join us to discover how to reduce abandonment rates, increase conversions, and foster retention by applying the most effective mobile UX design techniques.
04:00 PM (UTC +00:00)
How to Design for Civic Life
Civic design identifies and fills gaps at the intersection of people and policy. It starts from skills in research, plain language, accessibility, interaction, service, and information design and uses them to make the government responsive and invite participation from everyone.
Whitney Quesenbery, Director of the Center for Civic Design, will look at what we can learn from civic design and how we can apply it to any form of user experience.
In this 1-hour Master Class, you’ll learn:
- Why “democracy is a design problem” and what one looks like in the real world and in analytics.
- How to create content for humans–and meet the challenge of reading and civic literacy gaps and structure information in bites, snacks, and meals.
- Ways to use visual presentation to make complex information approachable.
- How to design micro-journeys to make every interaction an invitation to participation.
- How user research and design can shape the implementation of policy.
Whether you are interested in working in government, civic tech, civil reform or you are just curious about what it means to think about democracy as a design problem, this Master Class is for you.
You’ll leave with insights on the differences and similarities between commercial and policy-focused design that you can use to make your own work reach a broader audience.
04:00 PM (UTC +00:00)
How to Create Actionable User Journey Maps
Creating a user journey map from scratch can be a daunting process, however it’s a highly valuable skill and tool to possess for a better understanding of the user experience. Building on the foundations from her first Master Class, User Journey Mapping for Better UX, Kelly will lead an interactive, step-by-step process of creating a B2C user journey map using a persona and sample data.
In this one-hour Master Class, you’ll learn:
- How to construct a user journey map from scratch.
- How to define the stages, goals, touchpoints, channels, challenges and emotions.
- How to identify moments of truth that make or break the experience for users.
- What you need in order to create actionable and impactful journey maps.
This Master Class is for anyone who is interested in better understanding the user journey mapping process to improve the experience for end users.
04:00 PM (UTC +00:00)
UX Design is a Booming Industry
Job opportunities for people with design skills are increasing like never before (an estimated 13% increase from 2010 to 2020). And UX designer salaries are soaring—upwards of $110K in cities like San Francisco and New York.
Gain Industry-Recognized UX Certificates
Use your certificates to make a life-changing shift into UX or stay ahead in your UX career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
153,543 members (and counting) have advanced their careers with us. See reasons to join.
How It Works
Take online courses by industry experts
Lessons are self-paced so you’ll never be late for class or miss a deadline.
Get a Course Certificate
Your answers are graded by experts, not machines. Get an industry-recognized Course Certificate to prove your skills.
Advance your career
Use your new skills in your existing job or to get a new job in UX design. Get help from our community.
Design Faster With Ready-To-Use Template Bundles
Speed up your design workflow with our ready-to-use template bundles! Each bundle contains a set of practical templates you can apply in your work—and they’re all licensed for commercial use.
Throughout our courses you’ll find 100+ exclusive templates and guides that help you learn and execute super fast.
What Are Others Saying?
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will I have to pay for the courses?
After you pay for your membership, you can take as many courses as you want with no additional costs. There are no further charges on top of the membership fee.
Can I take more than one course at a time?
With a Student membership, you can take a maximum of two courses at the same time. You can still take as many courses as you would like – free of extra charges – just as long as you finish or drop them so that you don’t have more than two ongoing courses.
Can I get my manager to pay for my membership?
- Get approval from your manager (e.g., using the email template below).
- Pay with your credit card (either your own or your corporate credit card).
- Your invoice will be ready instantly — and we can modify it to meet your manager's requirements.
- Our 14-day money-back guarantee protects you and your manager.
I would like to get reimbursement for my Interaction Design Foundation membership. This membership can benefit our team and company in the following ways:
- I can enroll in all the IxDF’s self-paced, online courses (in my spare time), which will help me complete current projects with better results.
- I can network with peers from all over the world and find out how others have addressed issues we are currently facing.
- I will be able to continuously educate myself on UX topics through the IxDF's courses and eBooks.
- Because of the breadth of educational materials, I will learn how to solve specific design problems.
- I want to offer to share the key takeaways from the courses with my team.
I missed the enrollment, and now the course is closed. What can I do?
Don't worry if you missed the course. We will re-run it shortly. One of the reasons we continually open and close courses is in order to control the classroom size.
Networking is a large part of our value proposition, so we want just the right number of people inside the courses. That is also why we display the "XX % percent booked" on our course icons.