A Guide To Hassle-Free Designer-Developer Collaboration
Designers and developers share a common goal—to do what’s best for the user and for the business. But the day-to-day realities of their collaboration aren’t so clear-cut and idyllic.
Ask any designer or developer and they’ll tell you of bad experiences they had working with “the other side”. So let’s face it: when designers and developers work together, conflicts, friction and mutual struggles do occur. But why does this happen, and what can you do to mitigate them?
While there's no single solution, surprisingly simple things like improved processes, diligent practices and empathetic communication can go a long way in improving collaboration.
In this Master Class webinar, Szymon Adamiak of Hype4 shares his top tips for smooth designer-developer relationships, based on years of working as a front-end developer with teams of designers on various projects. You’ll learn:
- How to communicate better—whether you’re a designer or a developer
- The questions developers want to ask designers (but rarely do)
- The questions designers want to ask developers (but rarely do)
- Best practices for file handoff, naming conventions, exporting, responsive design, viewports and more
- How to define and communicate priorities and ease of implementation
- How and when to involve developers in the design process
- What designers can provide to speed up development
Whether you're a designer or a developer, with these learnings, you can approach the dev-design hand-off with more confidence and positivity. Not only will applying these strategies help you and your colleagues face fewer problems in the collaboration process, but you’ll succeed in earning the admiration and respect of colleagues even in the other team.
Even if you cannot attend the webinar live, register to get access to a recording that you can watch anytime afterwards!
04:00 PM (UTC +00:00)