- Personal Homepage
- I am Founder of the Interaction Design Foundation.
- Previously, I've worked at The Danish National Technological Institute working with research in industry.
- Until March 2000 I was one of three partners in Csite.com, a web development company of about 11 people. It went out of business in 2009.
- I've worked in the eBusiness Think Tank of Daimler in the corporate headquarters in Berlin (DaimlerChrysler Financial Services).
- I've worked as a lecturer at the Department of Information and Media Studies at the University of Aarhus.
- I've been a PHD student at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Aarhus and spent a semester in Paul Dourish's research group at University of California at Irvine.
- I've spent six months at University of Tasmania's School of Psychology.
- I lived six months in Paris while working at La Maison du Danemark.
- I spent one back-breaking year in the Danish infantry back in '95.
- I lived one year in Gladstone, Manitoba, Canada, back in '92-'93
- Publication period start
- Publication period end
- Number of co-authors
Number of publications with favourite co-authors
Most productive colleagues in number of publications
Bardram, Jakob E., Hansen, Thomas Riisgaard, Mogensen, Martin, Soegaard, Mads (2006): Experiences from Real-World Deployment of Context-Aware Technologies in a Hospital Environ. In: Dourish, Paul, Friday, Adrian (eds.) UbiComp 2006 Ubiquitous Computing - 8th International Conference September 17-21, 2006, Orange County, CA, USA. pp. 369-386. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/11853565_22
Bardram, Jakob E., Hansen, Thomas R., Soegaard, Mads (2006): AwareMedia: a shared interactive display supporting social, temporal, and spatial awarenes. In: Proceedings of ACM CSCW06 Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work , 2006, . pp. 109-118. http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1180875.1180892
Hansen, Thomas Riisgaard, Bardram, Jakob E., Soegaard, Mads (2006): Moving Out of the Lab: Deploying Pervasive Technologies in a Hospital. In IEEE Pervasive Computing, 5 (3) pp. 24-31. http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/MPRV.2006.53
Bardram, Jakob E., Bunde-Pedersen, Jonathan, Soegaard, Mads (2006): Support for activity-based computing in a personal computing operating system. In: Proceedings of ACM CHI 2006 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems , 2006, . pp. 211-220. http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1124772.1124805
Jensen, Mikkel, Soegaard, Mads (2004): Refocusing the Contextual Turn: The Forgotten Construction of Meaning at the Interface. In: Proceedings of the Third Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction October 23-27, 2004, Tampere, Finland. pp. 185-188.
Soegaard, Mads (-0001). Affordances. Retrieved 2013-10-16 00:00:00 from http://www.interaction-design.org/encyclopedia/affordances.html
Papantoniou, Bill, Soegaard, Mads, Lupton, Julia Reinhard, Goktürk, Mehmet, Trepess, David, Knemeyer, Dirk, Svoboda, Eric, Memmel, Thomas, Folmer, Eelke, Gunes, Hatice, Harrod, Martin, Spillers, Frank, Hornecker, Eva (2015): The Glossary of Human Computer Interaction, Soegaard, Mads, Dam, Rikke Friis (eds.), The Interaction Design Foundation,
Lowgren, Jonas, Carroll, John M., Hassenzahl, Marc, Erickson, Thomas, Blackwell, Alan, Overbeeke, Kees, Hummels, Caroline, Spence, Robert, Apperley, Mark, Holtzblatt, Karen, Beyer, Hugh R., Kjeldskov, Jesper, Burnett, Margaret M., Scaffidi, Christopher, Svanaes, Dag, Hook, Kristina, Sutcliffe, Alistair G., Schmidt, Albrecht, Cockton, Gilbert, Kaptelinin, Victor, Christensen, Clayton M., Hippel, Eric von, Tractinsky, Noam, Challis, Ben, Shusterman, Richard, Hudson, William, Mann, Steve, Whitworth, Brian, Ahmad, Adnan, de Souza, Clarisse Sieckenius, Fishwick, Paul A., Grudin, Jonathan, Poltrock, Steven, Gallagher, Shaun, Dix, Alan J., Nielsen, Lene, Randall, Dave, Rouncefield, Mark, Bowman, Doug A., Kock, Ned, Cairns, Paul, Few, Stephen, Dautenhahn, Kerstin, Paterno, Fabio, Cyr, Dianne, Stephanidis, Constantine, Blandford, Ann (2014): The Encyclopedia of Human-Computer Interaction, 2nd Ed., Soegaard, Mads, Dam, Rikke Friis (eds.), The Interaction Design Foundation, 978-87-92964-00-7