The team behind the Interaction Design Foundation is looking for a highly qualified UX / UI Designer who loves to write and wants to help us create outstanding educational materials. This is a full-time or part-time position. It's a paid position and you can work remotely from wherever you desire.
We can offer you:
- The ability to challenge yourself and perfect your design knowledge and design skills.
- The ability to work from anywhere - as long as your internet connection allows you to have video-based contact with your colleagues.
- To be a part of a highly motivated and highly qualified international team.
- To be a part of IDF's mission of lowering the cost of design education globally - while increasing the quality - for the benefit of millions of people.
- To help re-design the future of design education.
What will you be doing?
- You will write/create short educational articles on UX/UI topics based on literature research and best practices.
- You will create templates and how-to-articles.
- IDF team members and founders will help you learn how to optimize your educational materials for maximum student learning.
- You will work closely with the IDF founders and team members and once in a while we will all meet up to work hard, have fun, and explore amazing destinations like remote Thai Islands or the mountains of Chile and Argentina.
- If you're interested and show great talent, there are lots of opportunities like helping us construct full courses in the near future.
- You are a master with words and have a meticulous eye.
- You have more than 5 years of hands-on experience with UX/UI design.
- Although you consider yourself a seasoned designer, you get restless if you feel you are not learning something new every day.
- You have taught in a classroom and have first-hand experience with the challenges of teaching.
- You are interested in design in all its forms – UX Design, Visual Design, Industrial Design, etc.
- You are ambitious, result-oriented, friendly, and work efficiently.
- You are self-motivated and love to see tangible results.
- Your have a PhD, Master, or Bachelor degree in User Experience, HCI, Computer Science, Information Technology, or another related field.
- You are a native English speaker.
About our work culture
- We love perfectionism, results, productivity, focus and efficiency – achieved through an approach of "working smarter not harder", a love of what we do, and taking great care of each other and our community.
- We’re welcoming, energetic, compassionate, motivated, supportive, and love to have fun with the things we do.
- We’re passionate about design and the difference it can make in the world.
- We value concentration and believe that interruptions, meetings, and egos can kill productivity. That's why work often does not happen at work.
- We believe awesome results are produced when being in flow. That's why we value location independent work.
- We celebrate each other’s work and consider what we do a labor of love.
- We get inspiration from books like Rework, Remote, and Eat That Frog.
- We have no set hours, no uniforms to wear and no fixed location of work – we believe that creativity combined with skills and motivation are the keys to success rather than meaningless conformity.
Pictures from team trips
The team meets regularly in exotic locations around the world; these are some photos from our last team meet up on the tiny Thai island, Koh Ngai, and in Dubai. We have more awesome locations planned for future meetings. Not having an office doesn’t mean that we don’t have a strong team ethic – quite the reverse, it means we have a team that is dedicated to working together, everywhere and all the time.
About Interaction Design Foundation, IDF
- We are based in Denmark.
- Our goal is to lower the cost of high-quality design education globally. You can read about us at https://www.interaction-design.org/about
- We reach around 4 million design-interested people every month on social media.
- We help hundreds of thousands of professional designers improve their skills and careers.
- Our educational materials are used in hundreds – if not thousands – of universities around the world.
How to apply
- Please send an application to the editor-in-chief and co-founder, Rikke Friis Dam, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please tell us why you want to put your heart, mind, and hard work into this job. And please tell us the 3 productivity tips/methods that work best for you.
- Please apply as soon as you can – we’re firm believers that “the sooner, the better”. We’re looking forward to working with you!