The Interaction Design Foundation (IDF) is the world's most prestigious community and online course platform for User Experience (UX) designers. We've spent the last 15 years building our foundation from scratch – both our community and library of literature - and we now need your help to spread our design knowledge to all corners of the globe.
This is a paid full-time (or possibly part-time) position. You'll be location independent and will therefore be free to work from wherever you want in the world. You will have regular video-based contact with your colleagues and will get to meet them physically on team trips (see below).
If you’re hungry to learn more about design, develop professionally, and ready to change the future of education through global networking - then you have come to the right place!
- You have outstanding communication skills, including in the art of persuasion.
- You get excited about talking to new people and forming long-term relationships.
- You have a strong social intelligence – and the ability to engage well with different types of people.
- You have exceptional closing skills while still remaining understanding and empathetic.
- You are results-driven and motivated by achievement, targets, and goals.
- You are resilient - you have the ability to bounce back when things aren’t going according to plan.
- You have the ability to take an individual’s wants and needs on board in order to answer their questions with logical solutions.
- You are a native English speaker.
About your responsibilities
This position is funded by the budget that we dedicate to spreading free design knowledge. Your responsibilities will be multifaceted and can – to a certain degree – be adapted to your skills and interests.
Some of the responsibilities that lie ahead of you are:
- Reaching out to communities and organizations and help them discover IDF’s free educational materials. In that sense, you will be a “brand ambassador” for the IDF.
- Forming partnerships with popular blogs, high-profile design organizations and popular UX conferences that share our values and our belief that great design can make the world a better place.
- To help people find the (free) resources that can help them solve their problems. In that sense, you are responsible for improving people’s lives and careers. That’s a big responsibility but a rewarding one.
- The feedback and insight you collect will help us not only grow but also to improve the overall user experience of the world’s biggest and best design community.
About our work culture
About Interaction Design Foundation, IDF
- We are based in Denmark and have the stated goal of lowering the cost of high-quality design education globally. You can read about us at http://www.interaction-design.org/about
- We reach around 4 million design-interested people every month on social media.
- We help hundreds of thousands of professional designers improve their skills and careers through our online UX courses and free literature.
- Our educational materials are used in hundreds – if not thousands – of universities around the world.
How to apply
- Please send an application to Rikke Friis Dam at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you want to put your heart, mind and hard work into this role. Make sure to include the 3 productivity tips/methods that work best for you.
- Please apply as soon as you can – we’re firm believers of “the sooner, the better”. We’re looking forward to working with you!