The Interaction Design Foundation is the world's most prestigious community and online course platform for User Experience (UX) designers. We've spent the last 16 years building our foundation from scratch, and we now need your help to expand our partnership network… to both grow our design community and serve it to our best potential yet.
We are therefore looking for a talented and hard-working Partnership Ninja; someone who wants to build and maintain meaningful partnerships with design-minded people and organizations around the world.
This is a paid full-time (or possibly part-time) position which is location independent—you will therefore be free to work from wherever you want… as long as you have a solid internet connection! You will have regular video-based contact with your colleagues and get to meet them physically on team trips (see below).
If you’re competitive, hungry to develop professionally, and ready to change the future of design education through having a direct impact on the growth of our organization—then you have come to the right place!
- You have several years’ experience working in a partnership-based role, preferably on an international scale.
- You instinctively know what it takes to build and leverage new and existing partnerships—you naturally build rapport with partners and have an uncanny ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences.
- You are a master of negotiation and persuasion; someone who can execute exceptional closing skills while still remaining understanding and empathetic.
- You have a creative and curious mind, excellent analytical skills, a strong attention to detail, and a natural drive for perfection.
- You have excellent planning, organization, and project management skills.
- You are results-driven and motivated by achievement, targets, and goals.
- You are resilient—you have the ability to bounce back when things aren’t going according to plan.
- You have outstanding communication skills, including in written and spoken English.
About your responsibilities
While you will be working closely with the IDF marketing lead, and other members of the partnership team, it is vital that you have a drive for success on an individual level and the ability to work independently.
Your responsibilities will be multifaceted and can—to a certain degree—be adapted to your skills and interests. The core of your role, however, will be to create and manage partnerships with design-minded individuals and organizations in order to drive sustainable growth that delivers a measurable impact within the IDF.
Some of the responsibilities that lie ahead of you are:
- Creating and managing meaningful, long-term partnerships to spread the word of great design and generate high quality, targeted web traffic in a mutually beneficial way.
- Forming partnerships with UX conferences that share our values and core belief that great design can make the world a better place.
- Researching and developing a pipeline of new international partners—to build and maintain both our events calendar and partnership network.
- Defining and documenting our long-term partnership strategy, the tools required and processes involved.
- Managing the IDF Local Groups initiative in order to invigorate and strengthen our international design community.
About our work culture
Make sure to learn more about our work culture in more detail before you apply.
About Interaction Design Foundation, IDF
- We are based in Denmark and have the stated goal of lowering the cost of high-quality design education globally. You can read more about our foundation here.
- We reach around 4 million design-interested people every month on social media.
- We help hundreds of thousands of professional designers improve their skills and careers.
- Our educational materials are used in hundreds – if not thousands – of universities around the world.
How to apply
Please send an application to Rikke Friis Dam at firstname.lastname@example.org where you:
- Tell us why you want to put your heart, mind and hard work into this role.
- Outline the 3 productivity tips or methods that work best for you in regards to building and managing partnerships.
- Make your application a reflection of your perfectionism.
Please apply as soon as you can—we’re firm believers of “the sooner, the better”… and we’re looking forward to working with you!