Get a New Job in UX Design
Get Ready for a New Job in UX Design
About This Bootcamp
An exciting opportunity for those with a working knowledge of UX to create and hone a personal portfolio site and work towards a new job in UX. You’ll be paired with a mentor who suits your personality, knowledge and experience to ensure you receive the most valuable feedback and advice. What’s more, you’ll work on unique projects relevant to your industry and career interests, get support with your job applications and have a call with a design recruiter!
What You’ll Receive
Vastly increase your chances to get a job in UX design with:
1 year of membership to our courses and community
5 hours of video chats with your mentor
A bootcamp curriculum tailored to get you a job
12+ rounds of feedback on projects for your portfolio site
Guidance to create a polished portfolio site full of comprehensive projects
Recruitment call with Bamboo Crowd or Creative Circle, two of the world’s top creative staffing agencies
Permanent access to 30+ step-by-step guided project briefs
Curated resources with 100s of hours of articles and videos
Exclusive perks and discounts from partners like Balsamiq, Skillshare and InMotion
What You’ll End Up With
A highly polished personal portfolio site with 3+ UX case studies
A personalized elevator pitch tailored towards your career goals
A refined resume and cover letter for your job applications
The knowledge to perform well in job interviews
Designed for Busy People
A small price to pay to get a high-paying job in UX design. Your investment will have paid for itself many times over when you land your first role!Reserve my spot
Week 1: Say Hello to Your Mentor
- Meet your mentor over video call and complete introductory exercises.
- Work with your mentor to identify a series of portfolio projects to work on over the next 5–6 weeks, which will be key to landing a great job.
Weeks 2-5: Work on Portfolio Projects
- Each week, you’ll upload 2-3 drafts of your current portfolio project to get written feedback from your mentor.
- You’ll finish each week with a video call to review progress and discuss next steps.
- In total, you’ll receive 12+ rounds of feedback on your portfolio projects.
Week 6: Finalize Your Personal Portfolio Site
- Work with your mentor to finalize your projects.
- Polish, structure and utilize your personal portfolio site to showcase your project work in the best possible way to your future employers.
Week 7: Job Application Prep
- Start to look for jobs you want to apply for, and work with your mentor to create impactful applications and a unique elevator pitch.
- Optimize your resume and cover letters so you stand out from the crowd.
Week 8: Design Recruiter Call and Interview Prep
- Have a call with a real design recruiter from Bamboo Crowd or Creative Circle and ask questions about how to get a job in UX design.
- Do a mock interview with your mentor. You’ll learn how to present your work to impress your future employer.
- Get a deeper understanding of the questions you’ll be asked in an interview.
Week 9 & Beyond: Congratulations!
You’ll have completed the bootcamp and given yourself the best possible chance to get a job in UX design! Continue to take courses at the Interaction Design Foundation for the rest of your membership to keep your knowledge and skills up to date.
How Others Have Benefited
We’ll Find You a Mentor Who’s Right for You
You’ll be personally matched with a mentor from our curated pool of 200+ experts. We’ll match you based on your knowledge, skills and aspirations so you get the most out of your bootcamp experience.
Design Director, BentoBox
Director of Product Design, Handshake
UX Designer, Stratio
Creative Director / Chief Designer, Chykalophia
Lead Designer, Medal.tv
Design Educator, GrowthX Academy
Freelance UX Consultant
Sr. UX Design Manager, CrowdStrike
How We’ll Match You With Your Mentor
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need any prior design skills or education to enroll?
If you're interested in the Get a New Job In UX Design bootcamp, you should note that it is best suited for those who have a working knowledge of UX design. To enroll in the Get a New Job in UX Design bootcamp, you don't need prior experience working as a designer, and you don't need any particular educational qualifications. But to truly benefit from the bootcamp, you should know foundational design concepts, and have basic practical and technical UX skills.
If you're new to UX design:
If you’re new to UX design, we recommend that you start with the UX Fundamentals bootcamp.
If you're looking to learn the basics at your own pace without guidance from a mentor, you can take courses like Become a UX Designer From Scratch, How To Create a UX Portfolio and Human-Computer Interaction or Design Thinking to get started.
If you're already a Professional member, it means you already have access to these courses and you can take them all right away. If you are a Student member, or you plan to sign up for a Student membership, you can take 2 of the courses at a time.
If you're preparing to join the Get a New Job in UX Design bootcamp, we also recommend learning how to use some commonly used UI/UX design software, which you can learn from free official or online tutorials. This will prepare you for portfolio-work.
Already a member of the Interaction Design Foundation? Make use of these pro-tips!
1. To gain practical skills with UX design tools, you can benefit from exclusive discounts on design tools available through our Product Partners.
2. Want to take the preparatory courses at a faster pace? Skip the weekly wait for new lessons by requesting full access to the courses.
PLEASE NOTE—if you are already enrolled in any of these courses, then you need to drop them before you request full access, which will reset your progress in those courses.
To avail full access to these courses, just copy the following text and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org—easy peasy!
I'm interested in enrolling for the Get a New Job in UX Design bootcamp, and I'd like to prepare for it by taking some courses in full without waiting for each week's lessons. Could you please give me full access to these courses?
- Become a UX Designer From Scratch
- How To Create a UX Portfolio
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Design Thinking
Thanks so much!
Can this bootcamp fit around my current job or studies?
The Get a New Job in UX Design bootcamp is also completely online, but since it is meant for those with an existing working knowledge of UX, it is self-paced. This means you can customize exactly how much time you'll be able to spend on it each day. Working with your mentor, you can put together a plan that works around your schedule.
How much time will I have to spend every day on the bootcamp?
In the Get a New Job in UX Design bootcamp, the time you spend on the bootcamp per day will boil down to the specific projects on which you work with your mentor. You can customize exactly how much time you'll be able to spend on the bootcamp, and your mentor can put together a plan that works around your schedule
What are my chances to get a job in UX design with this bootcamp?
If you already have a working knowledge of UX and essential technical skills, then the Get a New Job in UX Design bootcamp can help you maximize your chances of success in the UX job search. This happens through:
- Personal guidance for your career, including advice towards applying to your dream, real-life UX job postings
- Lifetime access to resources that will help you improve your resume and interview skills
- Lifetime access to project briefs, so that even after the bootcamp, you can continue applying what you learned towards expanding your portfolio
- A consultation and networking session with a design recruiter where you will get advice from an actual UX hiring expert, and get your portfolio reviewed and critiqued by your peers who are taking the bootcamp alongside you
What kind of projects will I work on?
The Get a New Job in UX Design bootcamp is focused on portfolio building, so it naturally involves more advanced, portfolio-oriented project work, with 30+ project briefs for you to choose from. These briefs match the kind of projects real UX designers work on. You also have the option to create your own briefs to work with, and customize the scope of any project brief towards a specialization—so if you want to work on UI Design projects, User Research projects, Design Thinking projects and more, this is possible within the scope of the bootcamp.
What Return on Investment (ROI) can I expect from my investment?
Can I get a refund if I’m not satisfied?
Beyond the 14 days, we don't process refunds. However, if there's anything we can improve or fix for you, you will have our dedicated support right through the bootcamp.
What design tools will I learn in the bootcamp?
In the Get a New Job in UX Design bootcamp, you are already expected to know how to use UX design tools before you begin. If you do not know how to use any UX design tools, we recommend that you learn how to use 1-2 design tools before you join the bootcamp. Fortunately, there are tons of free and official resources and tutorials you can use to learn design tools of your choice. This way, you can focus your efforts and valuable mentor sessions to focus on actual projects for your portfolio, rather than basic queries about using design tools. But, if you find yourself stuck while creating your portfolio, you can always ask your mentor for assistance.