Get a New Job in UX Design
Get ready for a new job in UX design
1-year IDF membership
Practical, guided projects
Portfolio site feedback
A new job in UX design
About this bootcamp
An exciting opportunity to create and hone your personal portfolio site and get ready for a new job in UX. You’ll be paired with a mentor who suits your personality, knowledge and experience to ensure you receive the most valuable feedback and advice. What’s more, you’ll work on unique projects relevant to your industry and career interests, get support with your job applications and have a call with a design recruiter!
What you’ll receive
Vastly increase your chances to get a job in UX design with:
What you’ll end up with
A highly polished personal portfolio site with 3+ UX case studies
A personalized elevator pitch tailored towards your career goals
A refined resume and cover letter for your job applications
The knowledge to perform well in job interviews
Designed for busy people
A small price to pay to get a high-paying job in UX design. Your investment will have paid for itself many times over by the time you land your first role!Reserve my spot
IDF members enjoy a discounted member price:
Log in to enjoy your member price!
Week 1: Say hello to your mentor
- Meet your mentor over video call and complete introductory exercises.
- Work with your mentor to identify a series of portfolio projects to work on over the next 5–6 weeks, which will be key to landing a great job.
Weeks 2-5: Work on portfolio projects
- Each week, you’ll upload 2-3 drafts of your current portfolio project to get written feedback from your mentor.
- You’ll finish each week with a video call to review progress and discuss next steps.
- In total, you’ll receive 12+ rounds of feedback on your portfolio projects.
Week 6: Finalize your personal portfolio site
- Work with your mentor to finalize your projects.
- Polish, structure and utilize your personal portfolio site to showcase your project work in the best possible way to your future employers.
Week 7: Job application prep
- Start to look for jobs you want to apply for, and work with your mentor to create impactful applications and a unique elevator pitch.
- Optimize your resume and cover letters so you stand out from the crowd.
Week 8: design recruiter call and interview prep
- Have a call with a real design recruiter from Bamboo Crowd or Creative Circle and ask questions about how to get a job in UX design.
- Do a mock interview with your mentor. You’ll learn how to present your work to impress your future employer.
- Get a deeper understanding of the questions you’ll be asked in an interview.
Week 9 & beyond: Congratulations!
You’ll have completed the bootcamp and given yourself the best possible chance to get a job in UX design! Continue to take IDF courses for the rest of your membership to keep your knowledge and skills up to date.
How others have benefited
I landed my first interview a month after the boootcamp and my first full time job 5 months later!
The bootcamp really did help me clean up my portfolio and land a great opportunity with USAA.
The bootcamp helped me refresh my design skills and gave me the springboard I needed to change direction in my career.
The bootcamp helped me polish up my portfolio and I landed a great gig with a large US pet company!
Thanks to the bootcamp I was able to create a better portfolio and find a great job.
Aleksandra, Loop Now Technologies
The bootcamp has inspired me to be better at my current job and gives me a sense of forward momentum for my future. I can't wait to use the skills to develop my own personal profile projects.
Robin, UnionPay International
We’ll find you a mentor who’s right for you
You’ll be personally matched with a mentor from our curated pool of 200+ experts. We’ll match you based on your knowledge, skills and aspirations so you get the most out of your bootcamp experience.
AJ CamaraDesign Director, BentoBox
Anthony FariaDirector of Product Design, Handshake
Bruno SaezUX Designer, Stratio
Ari KrzyzekCreative Director / Chief Designer, Chykalophia
Sadok CervantesLead Designer, Medal.tv
Julia DeBariDesign Educator, GrowthX Academy
Catherine HicksFreelance UX Consultant
Christine EsoldoSenior UX Manager, Quest Software