- Thu, Sep 7, 2017 5:30 AM - 6:30 AM IST
Show in My Time Zone
Being involved in doing meaningful work is something we all want. The psychiatrist Viktor Frank famously described how the innate human quest for meaning is so strong that, even in terrible circumstances, people seek out their purpose in life. Today people feel stuck on projects that have little value or sometimes described as “bullshit work”. We all get lost in the noise, speed and deliverables of the day to day work that we forget about why we are working on a project in the first place. This results in feeling purposeless, stressed, unhealthy and in a state of “sleepwalking”.
What if we could create a project ecosystem that encouraged people to thrive and relevant practices to help people do the work that matters? – where the best work felt like play and the best play felt like work.
During this fun workshop we will learn to:
* Define the core elements needed for projects to be successful
* Listen to and learn from project stories to give clues on project behaviours
* Define roles beyond job title to help a project flow
* Document your own person qualities and best practices so you can be a guide and lead for others in well understood shared story
* Design a plan for influencing your day-to-day work to make it more meaningful for yourself and others.
Finally, we will all discuss the importance of these daily practices with a clear intention of wellness for people, work, projects, communities and economies for an enlightened future and it will leave all of us inspired to traverse from being stuck on projects (“sleepwalking”), to flow (“sparkle”).
11 IDF members (and some non-members) are attending: