How do you reach a market of nearly 2 billion people without ever leaving your desk? The mobile Internet. How do you make sure that when you reach that market they engage with your products? By delivering a great user experience on mobile devices. In this course you’ll learn how to do just that.
Back in 2015, more than 50% of all eCommerce traffic originated on mobile devices (*). That means that mobile user experience is no longer an optional extra, it is the most important factor in most product and websites’ success or failure. Mobile User Experience Design must be understood by design teams, marketing teams and developers alike.
The user experience is different on mobile. Sure, you could learn that through trial and error but that would take time and cost a lot of money before you get it right. The good news is that many of the differences are now clearly understood.
Need an example? What about the fact that a user’s understanding of content on mobile devices has been shown to be less than half (*) their understanding on a desktop? If you want to overcome that issue – your content, visual design, navigation, etc. needs to be twice as intuitive to use and digest than it was on the desktop. There’s simply no room for error in the mobile environment; it’s an unforgiving place.
This course, Mobile User Experience Design, has been built on evidence-based research and practice. It is taught by the CEO of ExperienceDynamics.com, Frank Spillers, a distinguished speaker, author and internationally respected Senior Usability practitioner.
By the End of This Course You Will
- Have learned to design mobile interfaces based on mobile usability best practices
- Be able to plan a mobile user experience using personas and task modelling
- Understand how your UI choices will differ between operating platforms
- Know how to evaluate a mobile design and avoid bad mobile user experiences
- Be able to implement a mobile UX design strategy and be supported with tips and techniques from across the industry
- Have access to mobile app patterns based on best practices that you can utilize in your own mobile designs
- Have a mobile UX checklist that lets you “sense check” any activity or design
Who Should Enrol?
It’s not just those who are concerned with the design that can benefit from learning how to design mobile user experiences. We believe that in order for organizations to deliver the best user experiences all related business functions should have a strong understanding of the user experience and how it can be developed in a mobile environment.
- UX, UI and Web Designers – From Beginners to Advanced Professionals
- Marketing Teams and Management
- Web and App Developers
- UX Team Leaders
When you take part in Mobile User Experience Design you will join a global multi-disciplinary team working on the course and the exercises at the same time as you. You will work together to improve your skills and understanding. Your course group will be made up of an incredibly diverse professional group all with the same objective – to deliver exceptional Mobile UX. It’s your chance to learn, grow and network with your peers across the planet.
* Source: Shopify 2015
* R.I. Singh, M. Sumeeth, and J. Miller: “Evaluating the Readability of Privacy Policies in Mobile Environments,” International Journal of Mobile Human Computer Interaction, vol. 3, no. 1 (January–March 2011), pp. 55–78.
Industry-trusted Course Certificate
You earn an industry-trusted Course Certificate once you complete the course - even if you finish the course after the official end date. In other words, as long as you have enrolled in the course you will always be able to finish it and to get a course certificate. You will also have permanent access to the course material, your answers and the discussions.
Course Certificates from the IDF are verifiable and trusted by industry leaders. You can highlight them on your resume, CV, LinkedIn profile or your website.
Our courses and Course Certificates are trusted by these industry leaders, who have taken up company memberships with the IDF: