Ph.D., Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE), Certified Usability Analyst (CUA)
- Personal Homepage
- My Chic Web ()
• Now making high-end consulting experience affordable. I\'m on my own with a world-class team of graphic artists, coders, Flash and other media experts. We bring user-friendly down to earth for your site. I\'m fast, not-so-furious, but practical because your money means a lot to you. I\'ll do your research on what your customers/visitors want, and better, what they feel about your product and service. I\'ll advise on a persuasion package, tapping web tools to unleash motivated interaction by your site visitors.
• Background: 25 years experience human factors work in all phases of web and application design: lead generation, problem analysis for enterprise and project levels, proposal writing, project planning and management, client interaction, training and mentoring, managing meetings, usability testing, document creation, and managing project time. See www.humanfactors.com for overview of where I worked.
• Skills include situation analysis, goal-identification, group problem-solving in workshop settings, extensive user interface design (web and applications), enterprise planning and consulting, instructional design, computer-based training, and facilitating stand-up training with interactive, engaging style.
• Diverse consulting experience across private, public and enterprise sectors including financial brokerages, insurance, medical equipment, manufacturing, national chain management, health, military, eCommerce, intranet, customer service, education, information, point-of-sale kiosk interaction, telecommunications and travel, among others. Experience with start-up and small business web design, including creation of motivational package to drive persuasive impact.
• Excellent organizational, team and project management skills. Wrote proposal and led National Institutes of Health web redesign project, winning “Best of the Fed” award for largest dollar project at HFI up to that time.
- Publication period start
- Publication period end
- Number of co-authors
Sorflaten, John (2006): Making the fuzzy parts of ROI clear. In Interactions, 13 (6) pp. 38-41.
Sorflaten, John, Schaffer, Eric (1999): Interactive voice response (IVR) case study: Testing your telephone-based E-Commerce suppo. In The Journal of Electronic Commerce, 12 (1) pp. . http://www.humanfactors.com/downloads/ivr.asp