Questions & Answers
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- I just signed up but did not receive an email
We send you an email with the login link about 3 seconds after you have successfully paid. Can’t find the email in your Inbox?
- Did you sign up with another email address?
- Did you check your Spam folder?
- Use Gmail? Then also check the 'Promotion' tab.
If you still cannot find it, you can always get your account info resent to you.
- How do I add the IDF Membership Certificate to my Linkedin Profile
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to add your certificate to your LinkedIn profile:
- First, download your certificates to your computer
- Go to your LinkedIn profile page and click "Edit Profile":
- Click "Upload File" and select your certificate in the dialogue box:
- Enter a few lines of descriptive text about your membership of the Interaction Design Foundation and click "Save"
It is as simple as that. Now, anyone who visits your profile can see you are a member of the Interaction Design Foundation.
- Can I take all your courses at no extra costs?
That's correct. Once you have paid your membership, you can take any number of our instructor-led courses that you would like. At no additional costs. No hidden fees. Just pure learning and networking.
We’re a community and not a money machine. And yeah, we hate hidden fees just as much as you do!
- Can I take more than one course at a time?
Yes, you can take all the courses you would like. For example, if there are 30 active courses, you can enrol on all 30 course at the same time and move from one to the other as you please.
There are no further charges after you paid for your membership.
Please note: If you have a student membership, you can take a maximum of three courses at the same time. As a student, you can thus still take all the courses you would like – free of extra charges – just as long as you finish them (or drop them) so that you don’t have more than three ongoing courses at the same time.
- What is the difference between a Professional and a Student membership?
The student membership includes the very same benefits as a Professional membership - except for 2 things:
- You will appear as a "student" to the other IDF members. In other words, if you want to use your membership to network and get a job, then you should probably go for the professional membership.
- You can take a maximum of three courses at the same time. You can still take all the courses you would like free of extra charges – just as long as you finish them (or drop them) so that you don’t have more than three ongoing courses at the same time.
- Can I pay the membership fee monthly?
That depends on the membership type.
You can not pay for the Professional Membership or the Student Membership in monthly instalments, as much as we’d like to help you. Please bear in mind that just one of our courses would cost you over 1000 USD if you were to buy it online elsewhere. So, right there, you are literally saving thousands and thousands of dollars.
You can, however, pay for IDF Design League membership in monthly instalments. The reason is that this membership is more costly than the Professional and Student membership.
That's also the reason we list all our membership fees in monthly rates so that you can compare the cost between membership types – even though two of the membership types are paid yearly.
- Which Credit or Debit card can I use to pay?
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards - both debit cards and credit cards. In addition, you should be able to use your debit and credit card to pay the membership fee using PayPal checkout (even without having a PayPal account).
Is your card getting declined?
- IDF is registered in Denmark and that could make the transaction appear as an "overseas charge". That could cause your bank's security system to block the transaction.
- Your account lacks funds.
- Temporary technical problem between your bank and the payment gateway
Possible ways of fixing it
- Try with another credit card
- Simply go through the process again BUT CHOOSE PAYPAL as payment method. You do NOT have to have a Paypal account and you do NOT have to create one either. You can simply let Paypal process your credit card and that solves the problem.
- Call your bank to hear if the "overseas charge" has triggered a security system and blocked the transaction
Go ahead and try again:
- Do you offer a trial membership?
We don't offer trial memberships, but we do have a 30-day money-back guarantee. Please bear in mind that just one of our courses would cost you over 1000 USD if you were to buy it online elsewhere. So, right there, you are literally saving thousands and thousands of dollars.
Another reason we don't have trial memberships is that it attracts too many people who are just "looking around". Our community is very much about helping each other and connecting professionally so it would simply create too much "noise" to have people come and go.
- Do I have to be online at an exact time to study?
No. You can set your own study schedule. There are no "live sessions" / "webinars" since our members are from all timezones around the world. We are a truly global community – with members in every single corner of the world.
Thus, once you are enrolled, you can take all the time you want to complete a given course. Each "classroom" for each course will never close, so you’ll have permanent access to your classmates and your course material (and your own answers).
- Will I receive a Course Certificate?
Yes. Every time you complete a course you get an industry-recognized Course Certificate. There is no limit to how many Course Certificates you can earn during your membership. You will also receive a 3-step guide on how to include your Course Certificate on LinkedIn and in your Resume/CV.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How much will I have to pay for the courses?
- All courses are completely free for members. Once you have paid your membership, you can take all the course you would like. There are no further charges on top of this annual fee.
- Can I take more than one course at a time?
- Yes, you can take all of the courses that are active during your period of membership at the same time. For example, if there are six active courses, you can enrol on all six at one time and move from one to the other as you please.
The membership fee entitles you to all of the courses for the whole duration of your membership. There are no further charges on top of this annual fee
- Can I get my manager to pay for my membership?
Here is how to get your manager or company to pay for your membership:
- Get approval by your manager (e.g. using the email template below).
- Please pay with your credit card (either your own or your corporate credit card).
- Your invoice will instantly be ready - and we can modify it to meet your manager's requirements.
- You and your manager are protected by our 30-day money-back guarantee.
Example email for your manager
I would like to get reimbursement for my membership of the Interaction Design Foundation (IDF). This membership can benefit our team and company in the following ways:
- I can enroll in all the IDF’s self-paced, online courses (in my spare time), which will help me complete current projects with a better result.
- I can network with peers from all over the world and find out how others have addressed issues we are currently facing.
- I will be able to continuously educate myself on UX topics through IDF's courses and eBooks. I can use my new-found knowledge to save our company from hiring someone to do certain UX tasks in the future.
- I can get a mentor from IDF’s members from companies like SAP, Google, Apple, Oracle, and universities like Stanford, MIT, Carnegie Mellon, Cambridge and many more.
- Because of the breadth of educational materials I will be able to learn how to solve specific design problems. And I can acquire new skill sets that our company is lacking.
- I would like to offer to share the key take-aways from the courses with my team.
PS: To give you some background, the Interaction Design Foundation is an educational foundation comprised of the world’s design and UX elite and you can read more about the foundation at https://www.interaction-design.org/about
- How do I add my Course Certificate to LinkedIn?
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to add your IDF course(s) to your LinkedIn profile:
1. From your profile page, click "Edit Profile":
2. After that go to the 'Education' section of your linkedin profile page and choose 'Add education'
3. In "School" field type 'The Interaction Design Foundation', after you can choose IDF from the menu below. In the "Description" section you can type text as can be seen in the example screenshot below. This way there won't be any doubt regarding the type of education you feature on your profile.
4. After you successfully save your progress, your education page will update automatically.
5. To add a course to your profile, from the "Recommended for you" section in the right hand sidebar
6. Use your IDF course name to fill field, and choose "Student at The Interaction Design Foundation" from dropdown menu.
7. Now the course is displayed in your 'Education' section of your LinkedIn profile.
8. To add Certificate, go to 'Edit profile', and from the 'Education' section choose "Upload a file". Upload your certificate and your work is done.
Now, anyone who visits your LinkedIn profile can see you have earned a Course Certificate from the Interaction Design Foundation
Write to us
Please send an email to:
... or use the form below.