As any web designer or business owner knows, technology drives business today. Without an effective web presence, your company will fall short in the face of competition. With a quality web presence, however, the sky’s the limit as far as your company's success goes. The question then becomes how to develop an effective web presence that will generate the right type of business for you.
This course pinpoints specific areas for consideration when crafting a higher-quality, more effective web presence and level of customer relations. We cover how to identify and successfully address your target audience, how to present your company effectively online, as well as quality writing techniques and considerations specific to an online environment. The course is filled with wisdom gleaned through the ages and runs in concise, accessible lessons. By the end, you will have re-conceptualized your web presence and honed it for greater appeal to your target audience, bolstering the likelihood of increasing your revenue.
“Quality Web Communication: The Beginner’s Guide” combines findings primarily from the academic disciplines of business and communication, with a tinge of linguistics and psychology to elucidate real-world challenges and best practices in developing quality web communication. It presents foundational communication principles developed in ancient Greece—still the backbone of quality communication in the Western world. Large doses of current relevant research will inform participants about how to circumvent common pitfalls preventing success in e-commerce sites, and help them to build a website with the greatest possibility of commercial effectiveness. Here, research findings from the areas of persuasion, visual communication, and psychology meet in a very specific focus on quality web communication. You would be hard-pressed to find another course that brings together such disciplinary breadth of research for such a specific purpose.
What you will learn
- How to identify your target audience and effectively establish credibility with them
- How to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships with your target audience
- How to write effectively by considering your audience, presenting information effectively, writing short copy for maximum impact, and proofreading
- The basics of SEO, and how to optimize your online communication for smooth SEO
- How to articulate your company’s purpose and goals
- How to use mixed media, language use in theory and in practice, and a company profile to boost your company’s online presence
Who should take this course
This is a beginner-level course recommended for anyone who is interested in creating effective communications:
- UX designers interested in crafting effective copy in their designs that will increase engagement and induce credibility
- Project managers who want to build products with the audience in mind
- Software engineers looking to boost their skills in creating appropriate and meaningful copy
- Entrepreneurs who want to be able to speak to customers in a clear voice amidst the noise of other competitors
- Marketers looking to write effective copy optimized for search engine rankings and which communicates the brand value
- Anyone who is interested in mastering effective communications
Courses in the Interaction Design Foundation are designed to contain comprehensive, evidence-based content, while ensuring that the learning curve is never too steep. All participants will have the opportunity to share ideas, seek help with tests, and enjoy the social aspects afforded by our open and friendly forum.
Learn and work with a global team of designers
When you take part in this course, you will join a global multidisciplinary team working on the course and the exercises at the same time as you. You will work together to improve your skills and understanding. Your course group will be made up of an incredibly diverse group of professionals, all of whom have the same objective—to become successful designers. It’s your chance to learn, grow, and network with your peers across the planet.