Gamification – Creating Addictive User Experiences
How This Course Will Help Your Career
What You’ll Learn
- The power of gamification and how it can increase user engagement and fulfilment
- Why and how gamification is not the same as game design
- How to create player experiences that drive business missions
- How to manage, monitor, and measure of the impact of gamification work
- How to ensure that your gamification projects produce work which is legally compliant and ethically sound
- Examples of gamification projects in enterprise settings, so that you can better explain the benefits of gamification to corporate sponsors and decision makers
Gamification, the process of adding game-like elements to real-world or productive activities, is a growing market. By making a product or service fit into the lives of users, and doing so in an engaging manner, gamification promises to create unique, competition-beating experiences that deliver immense value. In fact, TechSci Research estimates that the global gamification industry will grow to reach $40 billion by 2024.
Venture capitalists, industry analysts, and academics alike see gamification as an industry with huge growth potential. It is transforming business models by creating new ways to ensure longer-term engagement, extending relationships, and driving customer and employee loyalty. As it’s a young industry, it should be easier to get a foot in the door with gamification companies. With demand for experienced designers far outstripping supply, businesses are going to be keen to take a chance on less-experienced but well-qualified designers.
This course is designed to give you the confidence and skills to undertake gamification design projects. It contains all you need to know about player-centered design and the skills that enable it. It has been developed by Janaki Kumar of SAP, one of the world’s foremost authorities on gamification in an enterprise context.
Gain an Industry-Recognized UX Course Certificate
Use your industry-recognized Course Certificate on your resume, CV, LinkedIn profile or your website.
Our courses and Course Certificates are trusted by these industry leaders:
Is This Course Right for You?
This is an intermediate-level course recommended for anyone involved or interested in product design and development:
- UX, UI, and web designers looking to incorporate gamification elements into their designs so as to increase user engagement
- Project managers and marketers keen on understanding how gamification might help a product or service
- Software engineers interested in rolling out game-like features in their products
- Entrepreneurs looking to create apps or products that reward customer loyalty
- Newcomers to design who are considering making a switch to UX, UI, or web design
Courses in the Interaction Design Foundation are designed to contain comprehensive, evidence-based content, while ensuring that the learning curve is never too steep. All participants will have the opportunity to share ideas, seek help with tests, and enjoy the social aspects afforded by our open and friendly forum.
Learn and Work with a Global Team of Designers
You’ll join a global community and work together to improve your skills and career opportunities. Connect with helpful peers and make friends with like-minded individuals as you push deeper into the exciting and booming industry of design.
Lessons in This Course
- Each week, one lesson becomes available.
- There’s no time limit to finish a course. Lessons have no deadlines.
- Estimated learning time: 18 hours 12 mins spread over 10 weeks.
Lesson 0: Welcome and Introduction – Gamification – The Ultimate Guide
Lesson 1: What is Gamification?
Lesson 2: What Makes a Game Fun?
Lesson 3: Player Centered Design
Lesson 4: It's all About the Player
Lesson 5: The Mission Possible
Lesson 6: Motivating Your Players
Lesson 7: Game Mechanics - Reasons to Play
Lesson 8: Getting It Right' - Managing, Monitoring and Measuring
Lesson 9: The Law and Ethics of Gamification
Lesson 10: Gamification and the Enterprise (Real World Examples)
Lesson 11: Course Certificate, Final Networking, and Course Wrap-up
How Others Have Benefited
Lily S.Giraud, United Kingdom
“This course is concise, simple to follow, yet very informative.”
Bharat Bhusan Apat, India
“The flow of the course was amazing.”
Lily S.Giraud, United Kingdom
“Some strengths of the course include the practical examples and "The Take Away" sections — they are very easy to follow but detailed.”
How It Works
Take lessons by industry experts
Lessons are self-paced so you’ll never be late for class or miss a deadline.
Get a Course Certificate
Your answers are graded by experts, not machines. Get an industry-recognized Course Certificate to prove your skills.
Advance your career
Use your new skills in your existing job or to get a new job in UX design. Tap into our community to help you.