Web technologies make it easy for websites to become more interactive and behave more like native applications. For instance, content on a website can now be loaded dynamically without the browser having to load or refresh the page. However, mindlessly increasing the interactivity of websites can sometimes damage the user experience rather than improve it. How can a designer make use of dynamic content to improve user experience, while making sure that the website is both usable and accessible?
This course has been presented at many international conferences and is built on evidence-based approaches, as well as solid evidence, distilled from over 40 years of experience in the development of interactive systems. The course is taught by the founder and principal consultant of Syntagm, William Hudson, who is also a writer and teacher in the fields of user-centered design, user experience, and usability.
What you will learn
- How to identify and improve static web designs through the use of dynamic web content
- How to make web pages more interactive without sacrificing usability or accessibility
- How to design for progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- How to deal with touch-screen devices
- How to give on-screen feedback effectively
Who should take this course
This is an advanced-level course suitable for anyone who is involved or interested in designing websites:
- UX, UI, and web designers looking to improve the engagement of websites without affecting a site’s usability
- Project managers keen on building products that are interactive but also allowing for accessibility across different browsers and devices
- Software engineers who want to learn how the application of Ajax in their code can best improve usability
- Entrepreneurs looking to build dynamic, interactive websites that work effectively
- Newcomers to design who are considering making a switch to UX or web design
Courses in the Interaction Design Foundation are designed to contain comprehensive, evidence-based content, while ensuring that the learning curve is never too steep. All participants will have the opportunity to share ideas, seek help with tests, and enjoy the social aspects afforded by our open and friendly forum.
Learn and work with a global team of designers
When you take part in this course, you will join a global multidisciplinary team working on the course and the exercises at the same time as you. You will work together to improve your skills and understanding. Your course group will be made up of an incredibly diverse group of professionals, all of whom have the same objective—to become successful designers. It’s your chance to learn, grow, and network with your peers across the planet.