Dynamic User Experience: Ajax Design and Usability
How This Course Will Help Your Career
Web technologies make it easy for websites to become more interactive and behave more like native applications. For instance, content on a website can now be loaded dynamically without the browser having to load or refresh the page. However, mindlessly increasing the interactivity of websites can sometimes damage the user experience rather than improve it. How can a designer make use of dynamic content to improve user experience, while making sure that the website is both usable and accessible?
This course has been presented at many international conferences and is built on evidence-based approaches, as well as solid evidence, distilled from over 40 years of experience in the development of interactive systems. The course is taught by the founder and principal consultant of Syntagm, William Hudson, who is also a writer and teacher in the fields of user-centered design, user experience, and usability.
What you will learn
- How to identify and improve static web designs through the use of dynamic web content
- How to make web pages more interactive without sacrificing usability or accessibility
- How to design for progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- How to deal with touch-screen devices
- How to give on-screen feedback effectively
Who should take this course
This is an advanced-level course suitable for anyone who is involved or interested in designing websites:
- UX, UI, and web designers looking to improve the engagement of websites without affecting a site’s usability
- Project managers keen on building products that are interactive but also allowing for accessibility across different browsers and devices
- Software engineers who want to learn how the application of Ajax in their code can best improve usability
- Entrepreneurs looking to build dynamic, interactive websites that work effectively
- Newcomers to design who are considering making a switch to UX or web design
Courses in the Interaction Design Foundation are designed to contain comprehensive, evidence-based content, while ensuring that the learning curve is never too steep. All participants will have the opportunity to share ideas, seek help with tests, and enjoy the social aspects afforded by our open and friendly forum.
Learn and work with a global team of designers
When you take part in this course, you will join a global multidisciplinary team working on the course and the exercises at the same time as you. You will work together to improve your skills and understanding. Your course group will be made up of an incredibly diverse group of professionals, all of whom have the same objective—to become successful designers. It’s your chance to learn, grow, and network with your peers across the planet.
Gain an Industry-Recognized UX Course Certificate
Use your industry-recognized Course Certificate on your resume, CV, LinkedIn profile or your website.
Our courses and Course Certificates are trusted by these industry leaders:
Lessons in This Course
- Each week, one lesson becomes available.
- There’s no time limit to finish a course. Lessons have no deadlines.
- Estimated learning time: 7 hours 39 mins spread over 3 weeks.
Lesson 0: Welcome and Introduction
To be scheduled. Estimated time to complete: 1 hour 38 mins.
Lesson 1: About Ajax
To be scheduled. Estimated time to complete: 2 hours 4 mins.
Lesson 2: Design Goals And Guidelines
To be scheduled. Estimated time to complete: 1 hour 55 mins.
Lesson 3: Accessibility
To be scheduled. Estimated time to complete: 2 hours 2 mins.
Lesson 4: Course Certificate, Final Networking, and Course Wrap-up
To be scheduled.
How Others Have Benefited
Deepshikha Kamerkar, India
“The lectures have been organised in a way to optimise the productivity of the participants, which is great!”
Carrie Vant, United States
“Great lectures! Well organized information to put into use now!”
Jonalyn Asantor, Philippines
“Knowing the different solutions to achieve the user experience goal is really good thing to know. Nice modules.”
How It Works
Take lessons by industry experts
Lessons are self-paced so you’ll never be late for class or miss a deadline.
Get a Course Certificate
Your answers are graded by experts, not machines. Get an industry-recognized Course Certificate to prove your skills.
Advance your career
Use your new skills in your existing job or to get a new job in UX design. Tap into our community to help you.
Start Advancing Your Career Now
Join us to take “Dynamic User Experience: Ajax Design and Usability”. Take other courses at no additional cost. Make a concrete step forward in your career path today.Advance my career now