If you want to become part of one of the most rapidly growing fields in design, then this course is for you. “Become a UX Designer from Scratch” will take things right back to the beginning, showing you how to embark on a new career in UX design from scratch.
All products, whether digital or otherwise, must deliver a high-quality user experience (UX) or risk losing users to competitors—after all, a product is useless without users! Products with good UX sell better; in fact, design-centric businesses have consistently outperformed the industry average by more than double1. Demand for UX designers is therefore increasing; they are already prevalent in tech companies, and there is a growing need for them within other industries. UX impacts UI design, web design, and graphic design, and understanding the field of UX will improve your efforts within all of those areas.
This course aims to give you all the basic skills you will need to assist companies in delivering the right UX for their products. All techniques included in the teaching are tried and tested industry standards, equipping you with the very best knowledge to start your new professional direction. There are two modules in particular that will assist you in landing your UX job—one aimed at writing the perfect resume, developing the right portfolio, and impressing in an interview, and the other based on initial UX consultant work – focusing on client relationships. Wait no longer to begin your professional UX career!
What you will learn
- An introduction to all areas of UX work and why UX matters
- A look at the demands of UX in the workplace and the roles they occupy
- The basic practical skills to conduct UX work, including the techniques for developing UX projects
- How to build a resume and portfolio as well as wield the interview technique required to land you a UX role
- The confidence to work with UX clients as a consultant
Who should take this course
This is a beginner-level course suitable for anyone who wants to embark on a career in UX design:
- UX designers looking to build effective resumes and land their next UX jobs
- Students keen on becoming UX designers or UX consultants
- Entrepreneurs interested in conducting UX work on their own products or services
- Newcomers to design who are considering making a switch to UX design
Courses in the Interaction Design Foundation are designed to contain comprehensive, evidence-based content, while ensuring that the learning curve is never too steep. All participants will have the opportunity to share ideas, seek help with tests, and enjoy the social aspects afforded by our open and friendly forum.
Learn and work with a global team of designers
When you take part in this course, you will join a global multidisciplinary team working on the course and the exercises at the same time as you. You will work together to improve your skills and understanding. Your course group will be made up of an incredibly diverse group of professionals, all of whom have the same objective—to become successful designers. It’s your chance to learn, grow, and network with your peers across the planet.
1 The Value of Design, Design Management Institute