The Interaction Design Foundation is the world's most prestigious community and course platform for User Experience (UX) designers. We've spent the last 15 years building our community and e-learning platform from scratch – based on organic growth – without any sales or marketing function! But now we’re ready to grow our community to serve the widest possible design audience.
This is a paid full-time (or possibly part-time) position with a very generous commission based package. You'll be location independent and will be free to work from wherever you want in the world. You will have regular video-based contact with your colleagues and get to meet them physically on team trips (see below).
We are looking for a talented and hard-working sales associate who wants to make a direct impact on the growth of our foundation! Your job will be the perfect mix of making money and serving others. A cocktail of altruism and capitalism.
If you’re competitive, hungry to develop yourself professionally, and ready to change the future of education - then you have come to the right place!
- You have outstanding communication skills including in the art of persuasion.
- You get excited about picking up the phone and talking to new people in a B2B sales context.
- You have a strong social intelligence – and the ability to engage well with different types of people.
- You have exceptional closing skills while still remaining understanding and empathetic.
- You are results-driven and motivated by achievement, targets, and goals; you have experience exceeding quotas.
- You are resilient with the ability to bounce back when things aren’t going according to plan.
- You have the ability to take an individual’s wants and needs and answer them with a logical solution.
- You’re a native English speaker.
About your responsibilities
Your responsibility will be to approach members and corporate clients whose memberships have expired to get their feedback and their renewed commitment to design education. You will also be cold calling prospective corporate clients to offer them a trial account while conveying the value of investing in their employees.
The feedback you collect will help us not only grow but also improve the overall user experience of the world’s biggest and best design community. While you’re tasked with growing the revenue of the foundation; you are also responsible for improving people’s lives and careers. It’s a big responsibility but also a very rewarding one.
About our work culture
About Interaction Design Foundation, IDF
- We are based in Denmark and have the stated goal of lowering the cost of high-quality design education globally. You can read about us at http://www.interaction-design.org/about
- We reach around 4 million design-interested people every month on social media.
- We help hundreds of thousands of professional designers improve their skills and careers.
- Our educational materials are used in hundreds – if not thousands – of universities around the world.
How to apply
- Please send an application to email@example.com
- Please tell us why you want to put your heart, mind and hard work into this job. And please tell us the 3 productivity tips/methods that work best for you.
- Please apply as soon as you can – we’re firm believers that “the sooner, the better”. We’re looking forward to working with you !