The Interaction Design Foundation is the world's most prestigious community and course platform for User Experience (UX) designers. We've spent the last 15 years building our community and e-learning platform from scratch and our ever-growing community of designers now needs a Member Support Unicorn to help them along their learning journey.
Through the medium of email, you will be our virtual face and often the first interaction that people have with our community. You will therefore become an essential part of our team, someone who is making a direct impact on the growth and reputation of our foundation!
This is a paid full-time (or possibly part-time) position which is location independent - you will therefore be free to work from wherever you want in the world. You will have regular video-based contact with your colleagues and get to meet them physically on team trips (see below).
Our community is at the heart of what we do and we put a colossal effort into serving them as best we can. That’s why we’re looking for a talented and hard-working Member Support Unicorn who has an eye for detail, as well as a natural drive for perfectionism.
Alongside providing support to our community, if you’re hungry to develop yourself professionally, there will be huge potential for growth in other marketing-related activities.
In summary, if you’re ready to help our community and, in turn, change the future of education - then you have come to the right place!
- You have several years’ experience in providing email-based customer or member support.
- You have the ability to take an individual’s wants and needs and answer them with a logical solution.
- You have outstanding communication skills and the ability to make other people smile.
- You get excited about helping other people and feeling their gratitude.
- You are a master with words and have a meticulous eye.
- You are fluent in written English.
- You have a strong social intelligence – and the ability to engage well with different types of people.
- You are resilient and have the ability to bounce back when things aren’t going according to plan, providing solutions along the way.
About your responsibilities
Your responsibility will be to handle the Member Support inbox where all our members – both existing and prospective – send their questions and suggestions. It will be your job to solve their problems and put a smile on their face at the same time.
As an ambassador of the IDF, you will need to carry out this task as meticulously as possible. You will not only be responsible for improving people’s lives and careers through the power of design, but you’ll also be building the IDF’s brand and reputation on a daily basis… and on an international level. It’s a big responsibility but also a very rewarding one!
About our work culture
Please also see our page explaining our work culture in more detail before you apply.
About Interaction Design Foundation, IDF
- We are based in Denmark and have the stated goal of lowering the cost of high-quality design education globally. You can read more about our foundation here.
- We reach around 4 million design-interested people every month on social media.
- We help hundreds of thousands of professional designers improve their skills and careers.
- Our educational materials are used in hundreds – if not thousands – of universities around the world.
How to apply
Please send an application to Rikke Friis Dam at firstname.lastname@example.org where you:
- Tell us why you want to put your heart, mind and hard work into this role.
- Make your application a reflection of your perfectionism.
- Tell us the 3 productivity tips or methods that help you to carry out customer or member support as exceptionally as possible.
Please apply as soon as you can – we’re firm believers that “the sooner, the better”, and we’re looking forward to working with you!