This is an IDF Local Group meet-up
- You do not have to be a member of the IDF to attend
What are Local Groups?
IDF Local Groups will expand your local career network - whether you are interested in learning new skills, looking for new job opportunities, new clients for your company, or a great new dedicated employee.
An IDF Local Group is a group of people who are just as passionate about design as you are. Each Local Group holds physical meetings and the agenda is to get inspired, discuss, have fun, learn and improve your career. Meetings take place in a relaxed and fun atmosphere at a local cafe, an office building, or an auditorium depending on the agenda for the meeting. For each Local Group there is also an online Local Group so you can stay in touch and help update each other on local events.
"Real World Practice" Session
Meet and practice quick-paced exercises and activities dedicated to practicing UX Design tools. This session will be utilizing "Framer" which is a Mac-only tool. Framer has features that involve coding. They use a language called CoffeeScript.
We welcome designers of all levels, but if you are fairly new to the program or to coding, I highly urge you to do the following prep-work below.
• Download free trial of Framer
• Go through Framer's guides
• View their tutorials
If you are new to coding, I highly recommend doing the following prep-work:
• Read Framer's programming guide
• Try out CoffeeScript on the Web Browser
• Check out all the CoffeeScript Resources
• We will be using this exercise for this session
• Practice using Framer as a UX Design tool for high-fidelity prototypes
• Review common code used in Framer
• Giveaway: Framer licenses