This is an IDF Local Group meet-up
- You do not have to be a member of the IDF to attend
What are Local Groups?
IDF Local Groups will expand your local career network - whether you are interested in learning new skills, looking for new job opportunities, new clients for your company, or a great new dedicated employee.
An IDF Local Group is a group of people who are just as passionate about design as you are. Each Local Group holds physical meetings and the agenda is to get inspired, discuss, have fun, learn and improve your career. Meetings take place in a relaxed and fun atmosphere at a local cafe, an office building, or an auditorium depending on the agenda for the meeting. For each Local Group there is also an online Local Group so you can stay in touch and help update each other on local events.
Learn the key elements of Stand Up Comedy in an informative, interactive, and iterative 2 hour session.
Presented by Al Del Bene (https://www.facebook.com/ADBcomedy)
Session Run Sheet:
• Intro to Stand Up Comedy 30 mins
• Develop your own routine
• Deliver your routine to the group and be constructively critiqued by the expert.
• Learn/ revise your routine based on the feedback and re-present
There is a fee for this event as we need to pay for our Funny Man. Please support him, please support us!
Don't forget all of our events include Pizza and Beer!
WHAT DOES STAND UP COMEDY HAVE TO DO WITH DESIGN?
There are two ways in which this will be of use to Designers, Creative People, Corporate Slaves, basically everyone. But I will try to make two clear points which are mainly focused on Designers working for the man doing white collar knowledge work:
1, There are some striking similarities between the process of humour, and the creative process more generally. Essentially there is a setup, an unexpected insight or interjection, and a punchline as a result. This event is one step in that exploration as a journey which I plan to take attendees on over the course of the year
2, The act of articulating a routine which the audience will find funny has a number of elements that help us in our day to day.
- The visceral act of planning, then delivering in front of a group with the goal of conveying a few simple ideas, and affecting an outcome is a skill we all need in our roles. Designers especially have a difficult job to create both legitimacy for our job, but also to articulate important ideas in a way that makes sense to the audience.
- The content of the routine delivered i