This is a unique opportunity in Central Europe. Erika Hall will lead a 1-Day workshop at WebExpo Prague, where she will teach how to do research as collaborative multidisciplinary effort involving your entire team, which is more effective than outsourcing your research. She’ll cover the most practical approaches for better research done in less time, such as making well-informed decisions to implement in any design, development or business process.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Ideal for entrepreneurs, designers and marketing specialists, and for anyone who wants to incorporate research into their design, development, or business process in order to make better-informed decisions. The emphasis of this workshop is on qualitative rather than quantitative methods — interviews and observation rather than surveys and analytics. You will walk out with new ideas and practical exercises you can use immediately.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN THIS WORKSHOP?
- Conduct research in any organization, budget, team, or timeframe
- Identify and formulate your key questions (Hint: they’re not the ones you think they are.)
- Choose research methods and activities
- Master the art of the interview
- Think as a team to get the best insights from your data
- Digest, report, and share insights so that none get lost or go to waste
- Convince skeptics of the value of being a skeptic
- Cultivate practical curiosity throughout your company
WHAT ELSE TO KNOW
- There are only 13 tickets left.
- The duration is approximately 8 hours
- Catering service is included throughout the day
Erika Hall directs the research, strategy, and information design practices at Mule Design. She has been working in web design and development since 1995.
Her enthusiasm for evidence-based decision-making led her to write Just Enough Research, published by A Book Apart. She speaks frequently to local and international audiences on topics ranging from collaboration and design research to effective interface language. Her current talks explore the limits of using quantitative data to make design decisions.
Discount to IDF Members