The Sixth Web Accessibility Challenge in conjunction with the W4A 2013 Conference will take place at the WWW 2013 conference from May 13 to 15 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The Web Accessibility Challenge is organised as an opportunity for researchers and developers of advanced Web accessibility technologies to showcase their technologies to technical leaders in this area, not only from academia and industry but also from end-users of these technologies. To encourage and accelerate development of innovative and practically usable Web accessibility technologies; the Challenge is one part of the conference in which new experimental systems and technologies are submitted, compared, and judged by our independent panel of experts as to their significance in advancing research and technology in accessibility for that year.
Please note that submissions can be related to the theme, “Bring Your Own Device” but it is certainly not a requirement as all accessibility technologies are welcomed for the challenge.
We invite you to submit your work by submitting a:
- Two-page abstract (see the W4A submission page http://www.w4a.info/2013/submissions/)
- Demonstration movie (or audio recording) with audio description.
- Software is not required, but encouraged.
- Any kind of system is acceptable, such as standalone assistive technologies, voice browsers, browser plug-ins, server-based services, and telephony systems. Other accessibility technologies can be accepted (e.g., tactile browser).
- Open source systems are welcomed.
- Please contact us, if you have any questions about the coverage (email@example.com).
Submission deadline is 15-Feb-2013 (Midnight Hawaii Standard Time