-- CALL FOR PAPERS --
Umeå Institute of Design and the Interaction Design Program are thrilled to host in March of 2010 the sixth edition of the Student Interaction Design and Research Conference (SIDeR). Our organizing committee invites design students to participate in this event to inspire and nourish evocative discussions on the subject of interaction design. We aim to receive thoughtfully written submissions and expect the presenters to demonstrate their inspiring visions with either tangible or visually rich (or both) evidence.
-- ABOUT THIS YEAR’S TITLE — THE REASONING BEHIND THE WORDPLAY --
Ingredients in gradients: with this phrase we are aiming to communicate the intrinsic playfulness of the process behind the building and thinking involved when designing interactions. Further, our aim is to evoke the broadness and openness of the interaction design field.
We deliberately chose not to have any particular theme for the conference. We feel that the absence of thematic constraints—both for the students that desire submitting proposals and for the invited keynote speakers—will help generate the most passionate, thought-through and critical views on interactivity-related subjects.
-- INSPIRATIONAL THEMES FOR ARTICLES --
* Interactivity for the real world - A spin-off of Papanek’s famous book. What is (or could be) “[Interaction] design for the real world”?
* You and me equal interactivity - Discuss the societal implications of ubiquitous gadgetery and embedding technology everywhere.
* One dose of code, two doses of craft, and a sprinkle of wit - Show us what you mean by a true and well thought-through systemic approach to design.
* Design for them or with them - Any luck with co-design? Share your recipes of recent success stories, or life-enhancing failures.
* Long lastin\' interactin\' - Give us your wide (and wild) intepretation on how one make sustainable and