Call For Papers
MMSys 2013 : ACM Multimedia Systems Conference 2013
The ACM Multimedia Systems conference provides a forum for researchers, engineers, and scientist to present and share their latest research findings in multimedia systems. While research about specific aspects of multimedia systems is regularly published in the various proceedings and transactions of the networking, operating system, real-time system, and database communities, MMSys aims to cut across these domains in the context of multimedia data types. This provides a unique opportunity to view the intersections and interplay of the various approaches and solutions developed across these domains to deal with multimedia data types. Furthermore, MMSys provides an avenue for communicating research that addresses multimedia systems holistically.
Full MMSys paper
Multimedia systems permeate many aspects of our daily life, and are steadily developed further. MMSys is a venue for researchers who explore:
• Complete multimedia systems that provide a new kind of multimedia experience or systems whose overall performance improves the state-of-the-art through new research results in one of more components, or
• Enhancements to one or more system components that provide a documented improvement over the state-of-the-art for handling continuous media or time-dependent services.
Such individual system components include:
• Operating systems
• Distributed architectures and protocol enhancements
• Domain languages, development tools and abstraction layers
• Using new architectures or computing resources for multimedia
• New or improved I/O architectures or I/O devices, innovative uses and algorithms for their operation
• Representation of continuous or time-dependent media
• Metrics, measures and measurement tools to asses