Adding Faces to Names
Great to see members opting in but still need to finalize the venue.
Need recommendations on suitable place to meet.
Tentatively looking at the food court located at this place
Address of the Venue:
Food Court @ The Pavillion, SB Road Next to JW Marriott Hotel, Laxmi Society, Model Colony, Shivajinagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411016
My Contact Number for coordination is 9867647412 / 9324374443
Thank you everybody for the great enthusiastic response for the meet-up. We had a great meet-up where primarily we got to know the individuals playing different roles related to UX and Interaction Design in various organisations in Pune. The attendees are requested to express their experience of this years first local UX Meet-Up in this thread.
- Swetlana Patil: Design Researcher, Turian Labs
- Harshita Ratnaparkhe: UX designer, Synerzip
- Mansi Makde: Graphic Designer, Studio Fifi
- Akash Rode: Computer Engineering B.tech student looking for a career in UX Design, VIT, Pune
- Omprakash Pandey: UX Architect
- Ashwin Bhawsar: Java Developer, Cognizant. Past: Game Designer, Ubisoft.
- Sangam kenche: UI/UX designer, Punctilious evolution technology
- Chandrakant Kadam: UX/UI Designer, Ohum HealthCare Solutions
- Jimi Shah: UX, Capgemini
- Pravin Dhayfule: UX Lead, DBOI Global Services Pvt. Ltd.
Minutes of Meet-Up
- People started gathering by around 6 pm at the Food court and introduced themselves
- Each of us explained our role in the organisation and the process and UX Maturity level in the organisation
- Akash who is a student expressed his aspiration to enter the UX industry and was seeking guidance
- Major concern raised was UX is being underestimated as a Graphic Design activity rather than a complete set of Research and Analysis profession in many organisations especially in India
- One opinion was to start UX Awareness Workshops across colleges and such organisations to explain the actual processes and methodologies of UX
- It was also expressed that the community can share job openings related to UX for those who are looking for jobs
- The IDF members also shared their experience as users of attempting the various courses. They can share their feedback at this thread https://www.interaction-design.org/discuss/topic/usability-review-of-idf-website-and-its-courses