Ambient Intelligence represents a vision of the future where we shall be surrounded by technological means, sensitive and responsive to people and their behaviors, deliver advanced functions, services and experiences. Ambient intelligence is expected to combine concepts of ubiquitous technology, intelligent systems and advanced user interfaces putting the humans in the centre of technological developments. Future contextual solutions are envisaged exploiting the power of Ambient Intelligence.
The AmI-12 conference brings together researchers and practitioners from industry and academia working in the field of technologies and applications of Ambient Intelligence. Ambient Intelligence represents a vision of the future where we shall be surrounded by invisible technological means, sensitive and responsive to people and their behaviors, deliver advanced functions, services and experiences. Ambient intelligence combines concepts of ubiquitous technology, intelligent systems and advanced user interfaces putting the humans in the center of technological developments.
Authors are invited to submit manuscripts of original unpublished work in all areas related to Ambient Intelligence. Contributions are solicited from, but not limited to the following topics:
* Objects, devices and environments that embody ambient intelligence
* Context models and context factors
* Sensing and reasoning technology
* Natural and multimodal interaction styles and user interfaces
* Advanced interface artifacts
* End User Development for Ubiquitous Environments
* Adaptation in Ambient Intelligence
* Multi-device Interaction
* Security, privacy and trust
* Ambient intelligence services
* Business model and business cases
* Knowledge-based systems, computational intelligence
* Autonomic systems, multi-agent architectures and systems
* Adaptive architectures, symbiotic systems
* Industrial and commercial applications of ambient intelligence
* Configuration and control of ambient environments by end-users
* User experience and user experience factors (e.g., acceptance)
* Ambient intelligence for special target groups
* Ambient intelligence applications (e.g., assisted living, future shopping)
* Artifacts in ambient intelligence environments (e.g., robots)
* Large scale ambient contexts (e.g., intelligent buildings, urban public spaces, smart cities)
* Social media applications in ambient environments
* Societal implications of ambient intelligence
* Distributed software, systems, middleware and frameworks
* Reflections on the current state and future of ambient intelligence
You can allow your visitors to import event dates into their own calendars through the convenient webcal-links above.
Give us your opinion! Do you have any comments/additions
that you would like other visitors to see?
Switch our complete calendar on and off alongside your private calendarGet our calendar
Civilization advances by extending the number of important operations which we can perform without thinking of them.
-- Alfred North Whitehead
Read the fascinating history of Wearable Computing, told by its father, Steve Mann
Read Steve's chapter !